30 Before 30Posted: August 4, 2011
So my friend Vanessa from The Crafty Nest turned 29 about a week ago and posted a list of 30 things she wants to do before she turns 30. I LOVED this idea and come to find out it’s a pretty popular trend. So I have thought long and hard about my list.
Birthdays have always raised my blood pressure ever since I turned twenty. Twenty was hard because I was no longer a teenager. Twenty-five I swore would be the hardest, oh no a quarter of a century, but it wasn’t that bad. It wasn’t bad mainly because I refused to have a twenty-fifth birthday. I wouldn’t let anyone tell me happy birthday because I never turned 25! Ever since then, I’ve told people that I’m 24. I don’t have birthdays anymore, I have anniversaries!
As I am rapidly approaching EEEEKK THIRTY I’m becoming more accepting with my age. You will actually hear me admit my age now, but then I, humorously, say “oh wait, I’m 24! I don’t have birthdays anymore!” So this marks the last year in my twenties and I’m going to make sure it is a year to remember.
I’m not necessarily freaking out, I’m proud of who I’ve become in my twenties! I made my dream come true and have my own photography business, I have married the most perfect man for me that makes me nothing but happy, I have the most beautiful daughter, I have amazing friends that I know will always be a part of my life, and I continue to grow every day.
In the interest of continuing to grow, here is the list of the 30 things I want to do before I turn (dun dun dun) thirty.
- Go on a jeeping trip in our new Jeep
- Get my scrapbook up to date
- Take a family trip, just the 3 of us
- Attend another photography seminar or convention
- Get new boobs
- Religiously do the Insanity workout program
- Clean out all Kyle’s and my clothes we don’t wear and donate them
- Pay to have a professional photographer take family pictures of us
- Eat a home cooked dinner 5 nights of the week for a month without repeating a recipe
- Get a tan that other people actually notice
- Go to the Grand Canyon
- Try Octopus (not the carwash, the animal)
- COMPLETE 20 diy projects
- Start selling Fine Art photography prints
- Update my passport
- Go a full day without wearing a bra (have to enter public)
- Have 50 recipes in my scrapbook recipe book
- Throw Kylee a big birthday bash for her 1st birthday
- Run a 10K
- Go a full month without a margarita (margarita’s are my weakness)
- Start a college fund for Kylee
- Attend a horse race and bet on a random horse
- Take vitamins every day for a month
- Try 10 new restaurants
- Float down a river in tubes
- Come up with a family tradition for us
- Post at least one blog a week for the full year
- Play a round of golf without a mulligan
- See a local theater show
- DO NOT CRY when I turn 30!!!